- IT Development
Junior Frontend Developer
Position: Junior Frontend Developer
Salary: up to £27,000 DOE
The role will involve working alongside other frontend and backend developers to develop new and existing eCommerce stores built on the Magento platform, whilst helping to drive the company forward using new and innovative technologies.
- Working knowledge of PHP
- A good balance of understanding a client’s budget vs the proposed solution
- Keeping well documented, efficient code and ensuring a clear audit trail of communication.
- Have experience of taking details of client’s requirements and creating detailed briefs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with an ability to plan and prioritise your own time and workload alongside the project management team to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met on time and to the required standard.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and create rapport with colleagues, clients and management
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to use high levels of initiative to deliver results.
- Prior experience with Magento 1 & Magento 2
- Experience with converting designs from Sketch
- Experience with Gulp, Grunt and/or Webpack
- Experience with React.js & Redux.js
- Experience with using source control (Git)
- Magento Frontend Certified Certification
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA
- Writing frontend code in line with best practices on the Magento 1 and Magento 2 platform.
- Ensuring that code is written to a high-quality standard, self-tested and communicating openly with the project management team to ensure that tasks are well scoped, estimated and delivered.
- Working with the project management team to facilitate new work through the agency – assisting in the writing of functional specifications and development of designs through the agency, ensuring that all deadlines on the project plan are met and that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Where needed be client facing, responsible for presenting your work, taking feedback and critique and helping to guide our clients to the best solutions.
- Providing actionable feedback to other members of the team on quality, best practice and technology
- Design and deliver visual elements to the highest standard
- Take and understand direction from others
- Present, explain and justify implementation of client solutions
To Apply: Please email your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK in order for your application to be considered
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems.
The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only.
We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit written consent.