- IT Development
Technical Lead – Java Software Solutions (financial services)
Position: Junior Technical Lead – Java software solutions (financial services sector)
Suitable for: Java Developer, Java Software Engineer, Java Consultant
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: £35k – £45k DOE + bonus + bens
Our client is looking for a Java Developer interested in moving into consultancy or Technical Lead with experience of Java software development. Ideally you will have grown up through the ranks of software development and progressed to a senior technical leadership or software product specialist role.
The role has huge potential for managing and growing a team and providing product consultancy on an international scale. The client is also open to lesser experienced candidates who show an aptitude for consultancy with strong career aspirations.
Experience / Skills:
- Approx 2+ years’ experience as a Technical Lead, Java Developer, Systems Integration Consultant, Software Development Manager, Solutions Architect or similar
- Systems integration and enterprise scale software solution delivery
- Technical team leading or team management experience
- Financial services industry experience (ie wealth management, asset management, Fintech, insurance, Life and Pensions, retail or investment banking)
- Software solution design and architecture – from a technical and strategic perspective
- Previous background as a Software Developer
- Previous experience within Java software development
- Agile software development and/or project management
- Must be comfortable in a client facing role and daily interaction with business stakeholders
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Wealth management or asset management sector experience
- Client facing experience gained from a technical consultancy or software vendor
- Fintech sector experience
- Advising the client on integration options
- Defining technical solutions/approaches to support the integration – this includes defining and capturing requirements, proposing and agreeing solutions and producing design documents
- Assisting the client with delivery/rollout of software releases
- Liaising with the technical and development teams on new and existing changes – ensuring the development team delivers the proposed solution, to quality, within the overall plan
- Assisting in trouble shooting and debugging any potential issues with the application
- Providing regular communication to senior management and stakeholders
- Providing advice to customers across the delivery lifecycle and being the ‘go to’ person for all technical barriers and solving problems
- Providing architecture for our teams’ applications aligning with the overall corporate architecture strategy.
- Establishing streamlined development processes
- Managing risks and issues as they arise, escalating to senior business or technical roles as required
- Motivating and mentoring teams to meet their objectives
- Ensuring that the team adopts a culture of continuous learning and improvement
Founded in 1999, our client is a relatively small company doing big things. This means the people who work there have the chance to experience a huge variety of work and fast-track their careers by delivering some remarkable projects. There’s no hierarchy or egos to get in the way – just lots of challenges that need addressing from many different directions.
The people are creative and diverse with an adventurous spirit. While they take work seriously, they don’t take themselves the same way. They have quarterly events, plenty of informal pizza meetings and work in a great environment – a converted mill in the middle of Leeds.
Technology is their passion but at heart they are a people business. Everything they do is guided by their values and a determination to be the very best.
- Competitive salary, bonus and holiday entitlement
- Pension contributions up to 5% when you contribute 5%
- Quarterly company events (includes social event)
- Regular tech catch ups/hack events
- Attend technology events together
- Christmas Party (partners are invited)
- Summer away day
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Online learning subscription
To apply: please email your CV in Word format to CV@solosearch.co.uk
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK in order for your application to be considered
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems.
The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only.
We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent.