Role: Accounts Assistant
Suitable For: Accounts Administrator / Accounts Controller / Accounts Supervisor / Bookkeeper / Finance Administrator
Location: Sherburn in Elmet
Salary: up to £24,000
Our client is one of the largest suppliers within the Events industry in both the UK and Europe.
Due to their continued growth they require an Accounts Assistant / Accounts Administrator / Accounts Controller / Accounts Supervisor / Bookkeeper / Finance Administrator to add to their already established team, the successful candidate will assist both the Financial Director and the Senior Accountant.
The ideal candidate for the role of Accounts Assistant / Accounts Administrator / Accounts Controller / Accounts Supervisor / Bookkeeper / Finance Administrator will have the following experience:
- Working experience in a fast-paced office environment
- The ability to multi task and prioritise own work load
- Highly numerate with experience of doing finance within a previous role
- Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Good customer service skills
- Any experience of using Sage is highly desirable but not essential
- Anyone working towards their AAT would be highly desirable
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate, including Accountancy training if desired.
The role of Accounts Assistant / Accounts Administrator / Accounts Controller / Accounts Supervisor / Bookkeeper / Finance Administrator is very varied, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ordering of stock, sending purchase orders and dealing with suppliers
- Liaising with Supervisors to ensure works have been completed
- Issuing Sales invoices, allocating payments and chasing outstanding payments
- Balancing both Supplier and Customer Accounts
- Balancing Credit Card Statements and making relevant payments
- Checking Subcontractor invoices and arranging relevant payments
- Checking on Company fuel usage and dealing with fuel companies and fuel cards
- Posting Payments to Sage
- Updating Cashflow
- Analysing P&L
- Financial reporting
- Arranging company insurances
Hours of Work – Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5.30pm with Saturdays on a rota basis usually 1 in 6 Saturdays.
To Apply: Please forward your CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.