- IT Development
Backend PHP Developer
Position: Backend PHP Developer
Suitable for: PHP Developer / Web Developer / Magento Developer / Web Developer
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: circa £40,000 DOE
Our client is a successful full service digital agency based in Leeds, they are looking for a talented and self-motivated Backend Developer / PHP Developer / Web Developer / Magento Developer / Web Developer, with agency experience to join their dedicated team.
The role will involve working alongside other backend and frontend developers to develop new and existing eCommerce stores built on the Magento platform, whilst helping to drive the company forward using new and innovative technologies.
As Backend Developer / PHP Developer / Web Developer / Magento Developer / Web Developer the following experience is essential for the role –
- Proven experience as a Backend Developer / PHP Developer / Web Developer / Magento Developer / Web Developer, preferably in an agency environment
- Solid experience with PHP, MySQL and a working knowledge of source control, deployment process and dev-ops.
- Excellent knowledge in Object Oriented programming and MVC
- Ability to write clean, reusable and extensible code and tests
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A good balance of understanding a client’s budget vs the proposed solution
- Have experience of taking details of client’s requirements and creating detailed briefs
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and create rapport with colleagues, clients and management
- Provide positive contributions to a team-working environment, in relation to ideas, providing support to colleagues, building strong working relationships with colleagues, understanding internal roles and responsibilities.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to use high levels of initiative to deliver results.
- Prior experience with Magento 1 & Magento 2
- Experience with NewRelic, Blackfire.io and other debugging tools
- Experience with React.js & Redux.js
- Experience with GraphQL & RabbitMQ
- Magento Developer Certification
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA
As Backend Developer / PHP Developer / Web Developer / Magento Developer / Web Developer the responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to the following –
- Writing backend code inline with best practices on the Magento 1 and Magento 2 platform.
- Ensuring that code is written to a high quality standard, self-tested and communicating openly with the project management team to ensure that tasks are well scoped, estimated and delivered.
- Deliver high quality project work and support the evolution of best practice and standards.
- Where needed be client facing, responsible for presenting your work, taking feedback and critique and helping to guide our clients to the best solutions.
- Providing actionable feedback to other members of the team on quality, best practice and technology
To Apply: please send your CV, in Word format, to CV@solosearch.co.uk
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK in order for your application to be considered
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems.
The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only.
We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit written consent.