Administrator – finance/accounting + recruitment
Position: Administrator – with some accounting / finance experience
Suitable for: Office Administrator, Accounts Administrator, Administration Assistant, Finance Administrator, Recruitment Administrator (with some accounts experience)
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire (10 min walk from train station)
Salary: C£20k + 5% bonus + bens
Enthusiastic and highly personable Office Administrator required for growing, fast-paced IT company near Leeds City Centre. The role would suit someone who enjoys a variety of office administration work including accounts / finance, HR and recruitment as well as front of house.
Criteria / Experience:
- Positive attitude, must be a ‘people person’ with excellent front of house and customer service skills
- Some finance / bookkeeping experience. Ideally using Sage or similar
- Excellent administration / organisational skills
- Ideally (not essential) some recruitment (administration) experience.
- Must be proactive, able to work on own initiative and be a good team player
As Office Administrator, your role will involve:
Accounts / Finance Administration
- Raising sales invoices, as instructed by department heads, from information on Harvest
- Post all sales invoices to Sage.
- Credit control duties, follow debt collection procedures, including telephone calls to customers
- Process purchase orders, ensuring appropriate authorisation
- Ensure purchase invoices match purchase orders
- Post all purchase invoices onto the accounting software (Sage Line 50)
- Update cashbook (sage line 50) allocating receipts and payments to appropriate debtor, creditor or nominal account
- Maintain bank reconciliations on a regular basis
- Maintain balance sheet account reconciliations, as requested by the Financial Controller
- Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting Financial Controller to populate Excel Spread-sheets to enable timely production of management information
- Provide sage reports and analysis
- Working with the Financial Controller to improve controls and process across the business.
- Staff expenses and supplier payments
- Credit card management and reconciliation
- Asset depreciation and Adding fixed assets to Sage
- Front of House / Reception duties
- Handling all incoming and outgoing post
- Distributing incoming post to the appropriate department
- Answering incoming telephone calls, and directing as necessary
- Collating and placing stationery orders
- Maintain staff records for new joiners, including offer letters, contracts, references, induction and informing appropriate departments
- Collate non-financial payroll information re holidays, sickness, absence
- Administering benefits for employees, including liaising with benefit brokers and providers regarding scheme and membership changes. Acting as a point of contact for employee queries on benefits schemes and coverage.
- Arranging travel and accommodation as required
- Liaising with cleaning, and other, contractors as required
- HR management – updating HR policies
- Liaising with hiring managers and recruitment agencies
- Arranging interviews / diary management
- Circulation and management of job descriptions
- Writing and managing employment contracts
- Providing feedback on CV’s
Founded in 1999, we are a relatively small company doing big things. This means the people who work here have the chance to experience a huge variety of work and fast-track their careers by delivering some remarkable projects. There’s no hierarchy or egos to get in the way – just lots of challenges that need addressing from many different directions.
Our people are creative and diverse with an adventurous spirit. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves the same way. We have quarterly events, plenty of informal pizza meetings and work in a great environment.
Technology is our passion but at our heart we are a people business. Everything we do is guided by our values and a determination to be the very best
To apply: please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems.
The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only.
We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent.