Infrastructure Engineer – servers/storage and networking
Position: Infrastructure Engineer – servers + storage and networking
Suitable For: Network Engineer or 3rd Line Support Engineer with 3 years exp in infrastructure (servers/virtualisation/storage) and networking
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: C£40k + bens
Our client is a progressive and forward-thinking legal services company with offices across the UK and user base of around 950.
They are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer / Network Engineer / 3rd Line Support Engineer with approx 3 years experience in infrastructure (servers, virtualisation, storage) and networking. Being a 50:50 project vs support role, this is an ideal time to join this company and be involved at the start of some exciting new projects.
The company also encourages and supports training / upskilling into other technologies such as security, cloud etc
This role will be based at the clients Leeds office with occasional travel to other sites including London based data centre (mostly for project work)
As Infrastructure Engineer / Network Engineer / 3rd Line Support Engineer, the following experience is essential:
- Approx 3 years’ experience working as Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer or similar with experience of the following technologies.
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS
- Understands theories behind switching
- Experience of flashing firmware, upgrades to switches, routing
- Windows Servers 2016, 2012 R2, 2012 and 2008 R2
- In depth knowledge of server virtualisation technology (ie ESXi / Hyper-V or AHV)
- Understanding of High Availability (HA) virtualisation technologies
- Exchange (online)
- Supporting SANs or Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Configuring SANs, carving storage and configuring fabric zoning
- Understanding of snapshot backup technologies such as Altaro or Veeam
Full job description available
Desirable (not essential):
- Any experience of Nuantix, Cloud or Security of interest but not essential
- ICND101, CCNA or above
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
- MCSE in windows 2016, 2012 or 2008.
- Great working knowledge of PCs, laptops and printers
- Knowledge of the Law sector and how IT can enhance the law sector.
To Apply: please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems.
The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only.
We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent.