- IT Non Development
Infrastructure Engineer – Server and Storage (enterprise scale)
Position: Infrastructure Engineer – Server and Storage (enterprise scale)
Suitable For: Infrastructure Support / Technical Support Engineer / 3rd Line Support Engineer – must have experience with Servers and Storage on an enterprise scale
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: £35000 – £45000 + bens + training opportunities
Our client is a progressive and forward-thinking law firm with offices across the UK, the company works with insurance companies, corporate and public-sector clients and the Lloyd’s market.
They are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer / Technical Support Engineer / 3rd Line Support Engineer / Server Engineer to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organisational functions, with particular responsibility for a large estate of various types of Servers and Storage. The role is largely project based with SOME BAU support one week per month
This role will be based in the clients Leeds office with occasional travel to other sites including London based data centre.
As Infrastructure Engineer / Technical Support Engineer / 3rd Line Support Engineer / Server Engineer, the following experience is essential:
- 3 years’ experience working in Infrastructure field.
- Experience managing enterprise applications (Windows Server, SQL, Exchange, and Active Directory).
- Experience managing Windows server 2016, 2012 R2, 2012 and 2008 R2. Technical experience of building and deploying server, storage, database, and administrative server environments.
- Experience administering server and storage technologies (Hyper-converged, Blades technologies, Enterprise SANs, Storage Spaces Direct).
- Experience setting up, configuring and troubleshooting hardware (Server, Storage, Switch), which may include attendance on-site.
- In-depth knowledge of virtualization technology such as Hyper-V
- Understanding of High Availability (HA) virtualization technology
- Strong problem solving, Problem Management and root cause analysis (RCA) skills.
- Cloud infrastructures i.e. Office365 and/or Azure
- Project Management
- University degree in the field of computer science or business administration.
- MCSE in windows 2016, 2012 or 2008.
- ICND101 or CCNA.
- Knowledge of the Law sector and how IT can enhance the law sector.
As Infrastructure Engineer / Technical Support Engineer / 3rd Line Support Engineer / Server Engineer, you will manage, maintain and administrate a large server estate, ensuring that server performance is maintained, and reports are produced to show both ongoing performance, and improvement strategies.
The position involves progressing various key infrastructure projects, delivering them on time and within budget. Managing the planned tasks and keeping stakeholders updated.
To Apply: Please email your CV, in Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered.