- IT Development
Java Developer / Consultant
Position: Java Developer / Consultant – Java + integration/web services/messaging
Suitable for: Java Developer or Java Software Engineer with 3+ years commercial Java experience
Salary: £40k – £65k + bonus
The Java Developer / Consultant will be responsible for providing technical advice and guidance to wealth management and Life & Pensions (no specific experience required) clients and the internal team. You will be required to have strong knowledge of the platform, interfaces, architecture and implementation process and will be involved in the support and resolution of complex technical requirements or issues.
The role has huge potential for managing and growing a team and providing product consultancy on an international scale. The client is also open to lesser experienced candidates who show an aptitude for consultancy with strong career aspirations.
- Solid experience in enterprise scale Java development
- Min 3 years’ experience as a Java Developer, Java Software Engineer or similar
- Systems integration technologies (including web services and messaging)
- Good SQL skills
- Experience of producing and working with UML based design docs
- Client facing skills (or at least aptitude for)
- JEE, J2EE, JSF/JSP
- Experience of non-functional testing e.g. performance testing
- Previous experience of working for a consultancy or software solutions provider/vendor
- Financial services experience – any considered (banking, insurance, payments/settlements), however, ideally in Wealth Management (Life & Pensions, Unit Trusts, ISAs) or Asset Management
- Career aspirations for becoming a Java Consultant
As Java Developer / Consultant, you will be responsible for a varied range of tasks covering the full software development lifecycle as follows:
- Advising the client on integration options for the Java software product within their corporate IT infrastructure
- Defining technical solutions/approaches to support the integration – this includes defining and capturing requirements, proposing and agreeing solutions and producing design documents
- Functional and non-functional testing (including performance testing)
- Assisting the client with delivery/rollout of software releases
- Liaising with the technical and development teams on new and existing changes – ensuring the development team delivers the proposed solution, to quality, within the overall plan
- Assisting in trouble shooting and debugging any potential issues with the application
- Competitive salary, bonus and pension schemes
- Exceptional opportunities for fast career progression
- Up to 28 days holiday (plus UK Bank Holidays)
- Highly energised environment
- Awesome team and ‘can-do’ culture
- Wide range of learning and development opportunities
Full job description available upon request
To apply: please forward your CV in Word format to CV@solosearch.co.uk
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems.
The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only.
We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent.