- IT Development
- Featured Jobs
Java Developer – Java, Spring, Web Services – fast track career
Position: Java Developer – Java, Spring MVC, Web Services or REST, Maven, Hibernate
Suitable for: Junior or mid-level Java Developer or Lead Developer or Java Solutions Software Engineer with approx. 2+ years exp
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire (within 10 min walk of train station)
Salary: £25k – £45k DOE + bonus + pension + flexi start time
As Java Developer, you will work in agile teams to deliver innovative Java solutions for customers within a variety of industry sectors. You will have a passion for technology and software development and enjoy writing high quality Java code that delivers excellent solutions for customers.
We require a Java Developers (x 1-2) with the following experience:
- Experience of working in agile teams using Scrum
- Experience in either developing highly interactive web sites that provide a great user experience or in developing high concurrency, resilient integration solutions.
- Experience of agile branching strategies and source code management using tools such as Git
Experience (minimum of 2 years) of SOME of the following technologies:
- Java SE and Java EE Frameworks
- Web Services or REST services
- Apache Tomcat or other open source Java container (ie Glassfish, JBoss etc)
Desirable Skills Include:
- User Needs Research and Design
- Design skills (OO, Enterprise Integration, Web Services, User Interface)
- Development within continuous integration environment (preferably Jenkins or Bamboo, Jira and Github)
- Team leadership experience, motivating and mentoring development teams.
- Client interaction experience, you will be leading solutions for clients and be confident in explaining your choices with the customer.
Founded in 1999, we are a relatively small company doing big things. This means the people who work here have the chance to experience a huge variety of work and fast-track their careers by delivering some remarkable projects. There’s no hierarchy or egos to get in the way – just lots of challenges that need addressing from many different directions.
Our people are creative and diverse with an adventurous spirit. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves the same way. We have quarterly events, plenty of informal pizza meetings and work in a great environment – a converted mill in the middle of Leeds.
Technology is our passion but at our heart we are a people business. Everything we do is guided by our values and a determination to be the very best.
- Competitive salary, bonus and holiday entitlement
- Pension contributions up to 5% when you contribute 5%
- Flexi start time 7.30 – 9.30 am
- Quarterly company events (inc social event)
- Regular tech catch ups/hack events
- Attend technology events together
- Christmas Party (partners are invited)
- Summer away day
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Online learning subscription
- Highly energised and motivated environment, awesome team and ‘can-do’ attitude, wide range of learning and development opportunities
To apply: please e-mail your CV (word format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered