- IT Development
Java Developer (full stack) – fast track to Solutions / Tech Lead
Java Developer (full stack + devops) – career progression towards Tech Lead / Solutions Architect
Suitable for: Senior Java Developer or Lead Developer or Java Solutions Software Engineer with minimum 3 years exp OR Java Tech Lead or Solutions Architect
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire (within 10 min walk of train station)
Salary: To £60k DOE + bonus + pension + flexi start time
As Senior Java Developer, you will work in agile teams to deliver innovative Java solutions for customers within a variety of industry sectors. You will have a passion for technology and software development and enjoy writing high quality Java code that delivers excellent solutions for customers.
We require a Senior Java Developer with the following experience:
- Experience of working in agile teams using Scrum
- Experience in either developing highly interactive web applications that provide a great user experience or in developing high concurrency, resilient integration solutions.
- Experience of agile branching strategies and source code management using tools such as Git
Experience (minimum of 3 years) of the following technologies:
- Java SE and Java EE Frameworks
- Web Services or REST services
- Databases (ie SQL Server)
- Apache Tomcat or other open source Java container (ie Glassfish, JBoss etc)
Desirable Skills Include:
- User Needs Research and Design
- Design skills (OO, Enterprise Integration, Web Services, User Interface)
- Development within continuous integration environment (preferably Jenkins or Bamboo, Jira and Github)
- Team leadership experience, motivating and mentoring development teams.
- Client interaction experience, you will be leading solutions for clients and be confident in explaining your choices with the customer.
Founded in 1999, we are a relatively small company doing big things. This means the people who work here have the chance to experience a huge variety of work and fast-track their careers by delivering some remarkable projects. There’s no hierarchy or egos to get in the way – just lots of challenges that need addressing from many different directions.
Our people are creative and diverse with an adventurous spirit. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves the same way. We have quarterly events, plenty of informal pizza meetings and work in a great environment – a converted mill in the middle of Leeds.
Technology is our passion but at our heart we are a people business. Everything we do is guided by our values and a determination to be the very best.
- Competitive salary, bonus and buy/sell holiday entitlement
- Pension contributions up to 5% when you contribute 5%
- Quarterly company events (inc social event)
- Regular tech catch ups/hack events
- Attend technology events together
- Christmas Party (partners are invited)
- Summer away day
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Online learning subscription
To apply: please e-mail your CV to email@example.com
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems.
The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only.
We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent.