- IT Development
- Featured Jobs
Java Technical Lead – Financial Services exp
Position: Java Technical Lead – financial services (banking, insurance, investments, wealth management etc)
Suitable for: Java Consultant / Java Tech Lead / Solution Lead / Senior Java Software Engineer / Senior Java Developer
Salary/package: C£70k depending on level of exp + bonus
Leading edge software solution provider is looking for an additional Java Technical Lead with 4+ year’s commercial Java experience to join their expanding financial services division.
This role is an excellent fit for an existing Technical Lead or Senior Java Developer / Software Engineer looking for their next step into a Tech Lead / solution design / architecting client solutions
- Min 1-2 years’ experience as Java Technical Lead / Senior Java Developer or Software Engineer
- Previous experience of solution design – ideally enterprise level
- Financial services sector experience – ie banking, insurance, investments, wealth management
- Experience of working in agile teams using Scrum
- Experience in either developing highly interactive web applications that provide a great user experience or in developing high concurrency, resilient integration solutions.
- Java SE and Java EE Frameworks
- Web Services or REST services
- Databases (ie SQL Server)
- Apache Tomcat or other open source Java container (ie Glassfish, JBoss etc)
Desirable Skills include:
- Financial Services sector experience
- User Needs Research and Design
- Design skills (OO, Enterprise Integration, Web Services, User Interface)
- Development within continuous integration environment (preferably Jenkins or Bamboo, Jira and Github)
- Team leadership experience, motivating and mentoring development teams.
- Client interaction experience, you will be leading solutions for clients and be confident in explaining your choices with the customer.
Founded in 1999, we are a relatively small company doing big things. This means the people who work here have the chance to experience a huge variety of work and fast-track their careers by delivering some remarkable projects. There’s no hierarchy or egos to get in the way – just lots of challenges that need addressing from many different directions.
Our people are creative and diverse with an adventurous spirit. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves the same way. We have quarterly events, plenty of informal pizza meetings and work in a great environment .
Technology is our passion but at our heart we are a people business. Everything we do is guided by our values and a determination to be the very best.
To apply: please e-mail your CV to email@example.com (ideally word format)
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered