- IT Development
- Featured Jobs
Technical Lead – Java + Financial Services exp
Position: Java Technical Lead – financial services (banking, payments/settlements, insurance, wealth or asset management)
Suitable for: Java Consultant / Java Tech Lead / Solution Lead / Java Software Engineer / Java Developer
Salary/package: C£70k depending on level of exp + 10% bonus + bens
Leading edge software solution provider is looking for a Java Technical Lead with approx. 2-4 years commercial Java experience to join their expanding financial services division.
As Technical Lead, you will be engaging with clients early in the sales cycle and working with the client to define the solution and then lead the delivery. Please note – this role does NOT require hands-on Java development
This role is an excellent fit for an existing Technical Consultant, Technical Lead or Java Developer / Software Engineer / Java Team Lead looking for their next step into a client facing Technical Lead / solution design role.
- Approx 4 years’ experience as Java Developer or Java Software Engineer or Team Leader
- Previous client facing experience highly desirable
- Experience of working in agile teams
- Proven technical leadership ability
- Financial services experience (ie banking, insurance, payments/settlements, wealth or asset management)
Desirable Skills include:
- Any experience as a Consultant would be advantageous
- Payments / settlements experience
- Team leadership experience, motivating and mentoring development teams.
- Client interaction experience, you will be leading solutions for clients and be confident in explaining your choices with the customer.
- Experience in either developing highly interactive web applications that provide a great user experience or in developing high concurrency, resilient integration solutions.
Founded in 1999, we are a relatively small company doing big things. This means the people who work here have the chance to experience a huge variety of work and fast-track their careers by delivering some remarkable projects. There’s no hierarchy or egos to get in the way – just lots of challenges that need addressing from many different directions.
Our people are creative and diverse with an adventurous spirit. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves the same way. We have quarterly events, plenty of informal pizza meetings and work in a great environment.
Technology is our passion but at our heart we are a people business. Everything we do is guided by our values and a determination to be the very best.
- 5% bonus
- 25 days holiday + public (buy/sell 3)
- Pension contributions up to 5% when you contribute 5%
- Quarterly company events (inc social event)
- Regular tech catch ups/hack events
- Attend technology events
- Christmas Party (partners is invited)
- Summer away day
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Online learning subscription
To apply: please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (ideally word format)
Please note: you must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered