- IT Development
Position: BI Developer
Suitable For: Business Information Developer / MI Developer / Database Developer / Management Information Developer
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: Up To £40,000
Our client is a progressive and forward-thinking law firm with offices across the UK, the company works with insurance companies, corporate and public-sector clients and the Lloyd’s market.
Our client is looking for a BI Developer / Business Information Developer / MI Developer / Database Developer / Management Information Developer to enhance the existing Management Information solutions throughout their business. This will be done using SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 and supporting tools such as SSRS.
This role will be based in the clients Leeds office.
As BI Developer / Business Information Developer / MI Developer / Database Developer / Management Information Developer the following experience is essential:
- Understand in full the System Development Life Cycle
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 Stack
- A solid understanding of database design
- Microsoft Excel
- A proven track record of SQL Server development
- Strong T-SQL
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 SSIS
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 SSRS
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communication superbly, both with technical and non-technical staff
Desirable Knowledge / Skills:
- Experience of writing unit tests and using build systems in conjunction with database systems
- Experience of SQL Server 2016 SSAS.
- Experience of Tableau
- Experience of Agile methodology.
- Understanding of Kimball Techniques
- Visualisation technologies.
- Data Quality and Governance principles
As BI Developer / Business Information Developer / MI Developer / Database Developer / Management Information Developer your duties would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Develop, maintain and enhance Management Information and Business Information Solutions, using SQL Server 2008/2012/2016, Integration Services, Reporting Services and Excel.
- Processing Ad-hoc data requests for internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Participate in the design and requirements capture of new Management Information.
- Problem solve and debug current ELT processes.
- Adhere to department procedures and practices, including coding standards, secure coding standards, build processes, change management and source control (Team Foundation Server)
- Work closely with members of the software and database development teams to ensure the high quality of all applications produced by the department.
- Work closely with team members and all business stakeholders to analyse requirements, deliver solid solutions and provide feedback into these.
- Share experiences and knowledge within the MI team.
- Support the team leader in the creation and maintenance of new development and other team standards.
To Apply: Please send a copy of your CV, in Word format, to email@example.com
Please Note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
At Solo Search we take your data privacy seriously, by applying for this vacancy your data will be processed and likely stored on our secure internal systems.
The lawful basis Solo Search use to process your data in regard to this application is legitimate interest and without further consent, your details will be stored for a maximum period of 12 months only.
We will only ever use your data to assist you with your job search and this data will not be shared with any third party, including the client, without your explicit consent.