Windows Server Engineer – clustering, installation, config
Position: Technical Support Engineer – Windows Server
Suitable for: Windows Server Engineer, 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support Analyst
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: £30k – £35k DOE
A progressively growing, market leading supplier of products and services to the automotive, mining & chemical industries is looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer / Windows Server Engineer to work out of their offices in Leeds, Yorkshire (with some travel to other offices). The company is the UK subsidiary of a global organisation.
You will be part of our IT shared services team based in Leeds and will provide support to our on premise and co-located server infrastructure. You must be highly organised, service-delivery oriented and have a solid background in systems administration, automation and technical writing.
You will support 50+ physical and virtual Windows servers and will work with colleagues to gather requirements and architect solutions. You will create process flows and procedures and document, plan and assist with the implementation of new technologies.
As the server estate is relatively small, the Technical Support Engineer / Windows Server Engineer will also be required to assist with end user support issues, hardware issues, software issues, connectivity etc.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience as Technical Support Engineer, Windows Server Engineer, 2nd Line or 3rd Line Support Engineer or similar
- Microsoft Windows Server clustering, installation, configuration and management
- Understanding of basic LDAP fundamentals and Active Directory managemen
- Understanding of basic networking concepts (e.g. DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, CIDR etc.
- Understanding of basic security and regulatory standards
- Excellent organisation, communication and project management skills
- Experience with HyperV Server installation, configuration and management
- Experience with automation, workflow and orchestration
- Understanding of basic Fibre Channel SAN and enterprise storage technologies (e.g. LUN masking, zoning etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Failover Clustering
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting and/or Microsoft .NET programming / C / C++ / C# /Visual Basic /ASP / PHP / PERL / Java / T-SQL etc.
- Industry certifications (e.g. Microsoft, VMware, Cisco etc.) are a plus
- Knowledge of Eset Endpoint AV & Encryption products and Veeam Backup are a plus
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems is a plus
- 25 days annual leave
- Company contributed pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Onsite parking
To apply: Please forward your CV (in Word format) to email@example.com
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered